Our basement is still chugging along. In fact, we've made some great progress since our last update.
Here are a few photos of where we're at...
The biggest changes we've made along the way was to finish off the ceiling with drywall and to put in a subfloor over the concrete. We were originally planning on a rather rough (industrial or loft) look. In the end, it just seemed simpler and cleaner to go with a more traditional finished look.
The subfloor was less of an aesthetic choice and more of a practical issue--our basement doesn't get a lot of water but you never know (we're near an area that did flood in the past few years).
Our solution was a cool flooring solution called DriCore. It's 2x2 OSB tiles with a plastic backing. The plastic feet allow about 1/4" of space above the concrete, acting as both a vapor barrier and a channel for any water to pass if it does somehow get inside.
Our plan is to put carpet tiles over the OSB--more on that in a future post.
At this point we're getting pretty close to the finishing steps. Looking back at our original basement design idea board, we're pretty close to our original concept.
We should be putting in the final flooring, paint, fixtures and furniture in the next few weeks. With luck we'll be living in the basement by May...so we can move on to our next projects! :-)